Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Pirate Loop [Abridged] by Simon Guerrier (Audiobook) * * * * *

I listened to the abridged audiobook version of the story.

Martha, that is, Freema Agyeman read it. Like I said before, she does a very good job of reading these audiobooks.

The story is among the most original book stories I've read for Doctor Who. It takes place on a starship called the "Brilliant". It has space pirates, time loops, the good old wibbly-wobbly, so it uses the potential of a Doctor Who story very well. I kept listening to it through the day, as it's full of twists and turns that will keep you wanting to go on with the story.
The story didn't feel incomplete, as with some of the audiobooks. It has a good pace and flow.

There are several characters that I liked in the story. Mrs Wingsworth was a bit annoying at first, but she turned out all right. The space pirates were a bit of a surprise, but I could see the point of their characters.

Overall, I recommend this story for everyone. Maybe even people who just like a good sci-fi story, as it has plenty of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment