Confessions of a Reformed Dieter by A.J. Rochester * * * * *

I recommend Confessions of a Reformed Dieter by A.J. Rochester for everyone who would like to lose weight. It's very inspiring. I have read this book several times as an inspiration in my weight-loss journey. I didn't have as much to lose as she did, but having Hashimoto's, my task was harder.

A.J. talks about her life very honestly, and very humorously. However, there are places where I felt a tear sliding down my cheek. This book made me understand more deeply that a lot of times people aren't obese just because they like food. There are often deep psychological issues as well. Her story can be used as a manual. Going to a psychiatrist was key for her, and I think that would probably be a good idea for other people on similar journeys as well.

Looking back at this book from 2014, when I became skinny, I can see that going into therapy was important for my weight loss journey as well. I understood that my bad eating habits - that still occasionally include not being able to eat anything, but not anymore eating then unhealthy quick fixes - was due to my ambivalent relationship with food. Working on it takes a while, and I'm not all right, but I don't use food as a comfort anymore. Partly, because associating bad memories with food just made things worse, but that was not an issue A.J. had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell * * * * *

Snowpiercer (2013) * * *

A Claiming of Souls by R.A. Sandpiper (Amefyre, #3) * * * * *