Monday, October 7, 2013

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5) by Rick Riordan * * * *

Aw, it ended. I feel sad now. Anyway, the last story wasn't like the previous ones in many respect. First of all, it didn't start in a school. Second, there wasn't a quest to travel around. This was war. I cried several times. It wasn't pretty, or fun. It was often gruesome, though the description was kept to a minimum. Still managed to sneak in a few jokes here and there though. It was a good conclusion.

Percy. Now what can I say about him? I saw him become a man. He really recognised his position in this world in this story. He became a spectacular fighter, and a good leader. He also realised what was important in life for him.
Annabeth. I always loved her character. She never gave up, she was brilliant.
I can't even list the important characters in this book. It had a lot of action, a lot of things happening.

Overall, great finish! It wrapped up the story nicely, while also leaving room for more. It of course has a continuation in a new series, which I don't know if I should start now, since it's not finished. I'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment